Re: Error by installing gtk+

Mo89 writes:
 > I tried to install gtk+ but the linker can't find an external symbol.

What do you mean with "install" ? Your problems seem to be related to
building a program that *uses* GTK+, so presumably you installed the
developer package for GTK+ just fine.

 > C:\GTK\include\gtk-2.0\gtk\gtkitemfactory.h(50): warning #2028: Missing
 > prototype.

This is just a warning. The comment before that line says:

/* We use () here to mean unspecified arguments. This is deprecated
 * as of C99, but we can't change it without breaking compatibility.
 * (Note that if we are included from a C++ program () will mean
 * (void) so an explicit cast will be needed.)
 */

Are you building a C or C++ program? What compiler are you using?

 > C:\GTK\include\glib-2.0\glib\gmessages.h(195): warning #2135: Static
 > 'g_debug' is not referenced.

These are just warnings. If they bother you, use whatever compiler
switch necessary to turn them off.

 > POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_g_logv'.
 > POLINK: fatal error: 1 unresolved external(s).

What is POLINK? Are you sure you are linking with the glib import
library?

(For Microsoft compilers and tools, that would be glib-2.0.lib. For
gcc, libglib-2.0.dll.a. For other compilers, they either should be
able to use glib-2.0.lib, too, or you need to build an import library
for them. In the latter case, though, you should first make sure that
the compiler you are using produces code that is compatible with code
produced by gcc or MSVC6 in the first place.)

--tml