Re: Confused Newbie

Purbeck Consultancy wrote:
Folks, I notice with my applications that I am getting endless instances of the following errors: GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

These are with all apps, including nautilus and Pan.

Install debuginfo packages for the gtk libraries (I don't know what they are called on Suse) and then run one of your gtk programs from the command line with the "--g-fatal-warnings" argument. Hopefully the backtrace this generates will have some more useful info (like what pixbuf it is trying to access).

- Mike