Re: here's my problem

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:43:15 -0500
Marcelo Yezzi <myezzi gmail com> wrote:

>I'm trying to figure out what is the title text of the active window in
>my screen. I need that information to name a file that will be later
>used in another application.
>
>As an example, if  I had to name a file right now it should be something
>like "here's_my_problem", since that's the tile of the currently active
>window in my system
>
>So my questions are:
>
>1. How do I get information about the currently selected window?
>2. How do I get the title of that window? (I've been reading about
>Gtk::Window::get_title(), but I'm not sure)
>
>I'm open to pretty much any programming language although I'd prefer
>either C or Perl.

There is also wmctrl, which has a c program and a perl module.
It does everything you want except identify the active window.
It does have an :ACTIVE: identifier, but it seems that it dosn't
give you the current active window ( since the current active
is itself running :-) )
See:
 http://sweb.cz/tripie/utils/wmctrl/

There are also a link to a focusfinder.c program at
 http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10379

zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html