GTK help for newbie noob

Hi There

I am just learning GTK.

I don't quite get the basic "building blocks" of GTK.

Is there a reference or tutorial out there that focuses on the syntax in a
systematic way?

I can't quite make out the pattern, does the syntax vary from widget to
widget or is there a standard format I can follow, an "order of operations"
if you will?

To expand:

Is there some sort rule to dictate the hierarchy of the every Widget's
syntax?

Like, first object or class, then widget name, then func, then func data
etc, etc.

I have no C experience, just BASH and recently Python.

Thanks for your valuable time-Patrick