Re: GC sometimes without a colormap

David Nečas (Yeti) kirjoitti:
On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 01:38:29PM +0200, Ari Jolma wrote:
$pm = Gtk2::Gdk::Pixmap->new(undef,10,10,24);
$gc = new Gtk2::Gdk::GC $pm;
$gc->set_rgb_fg_color(Gtk2::Gdk::Color->new(0,0,0));
$pm->draw_rectangle($gc,1,0,0,10,10);
$pb = Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf->get_from_drawable($pm,undef,0,0,0,0,10,10);

The idea is to create small (10x10) pixbufs with varying colors for inserting them into the model of a treeview.

Why you don't just create the pixbufs and fill them with the
required color (which can be done with gdk_pixbuf_fill() or
with Cairo if you want more complex drawing), and go through
pixmaps that use server-side resource... instead?

So those five lines become just two:

$pb = Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf->new('rgb', 0, 24, 10, 10);
$pb->fill($color[0] << 24 | $color[1] << 16 | $color[2] << 8);

which seems to work in my normal environment. I can't just now test the Windows environment where the previous solution failed but I'm hopeful.

Hey, while I'm asking. I have another pixbuf question. I've been creating a canvas in C (simple malloced buffer), from which I've then made a gdk pixbuf with gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data. I have used on the canvas my own drawing routines. Now I'd like to use also Cairo besides my own. It should work somehow like this, I assume:

I malloc my canvas
I create an image surface for data (my canvas)
I create a context for this surface
Now I can draw on this canvas with Cairo and with my own routines
I proceed as before with gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data

Should this work? My initial tests in Perl according these lines do not work.

Thanks,

Ari

It's also possible to create just one pixbuf and fill it
with the corresponding color in the cell data function of
the tree view.

Yeti

--
Whatever.