Re: gdk-pixbuf-csource crash on windows.

> gdk-pixbuf-csource.exe crashes on windows,

In what way does it crash? Do you get any error message?

> My png library version is 1.2.20

meaning what, exactly? Where did you download the binary from? What is
the name of the DLL it contains?

> and gdk-pixbuf-csource is looking for libpng13.dll.

The "13" in that DLL name does not have anything to do with the
version number of the libpng source release it was built from. In well
maintained binary distributions of software for Windows, the DLL names
stay identical as long as the new versions are backward compatible
with the old ones. As soon as an incompatibility is introduced (some
function removed or the prototype of a function changed, etc), the DLL
name should change. And anyway, numbers that might look like version
numbers in DLL names (or shared library names on many POSIX systems,
for that matter) usually can't and shouldn't directly be interpreted
as corresponding to version numbers of the source code, but there are
more complex mechanisms involved.

Now, the gnuwin32 project has been known to occasionally be less
careful than one might wish in maintaining DLL ABI stability and
binary compatibility in their builds of common Open Source libraries.
So in case the libpng you have is from them, and it still provides a
DLL called libpng13.dll, although the DLL in fact is incompatible with
the libpng13.dll from their 1.2.8 version that I am using and
redistributing, that could be the cause of your problem. (I hope you
didn't rename any libpng DLL with another original name to
libpng13.dll? That is a sure way to problems.)

Have you checked if the problem goes away if you use libpng13.dll from
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/dependencies/libpng-1.2.8.zip
instead? (That is just a repackaging of gnuwin32's libpng 1.2.8 binary
distribution.)

--tml