Open/Close-Dialogue - hidden files

Hello,

I'm not a developer (just a user) and I hope, that's the right place.

I'm using debian linux and I got a problem with GTK2 open/close-dialogues. The
open/close dialogues in applications like Mozilla or Gimp show all my hidden
(dotted) subdirectories. This is very annoying, because I must scroll very
much in my home-directory. Is there a way to prevent these GTK2-Dialogues
from showing this subdirs, like in former times (at GTK1 ?). Maybe it is
easily possible at a config-file or do I need to patch and rebuild GTK2 or
the affected applications?

Excuse my horrible english and thanks in advance,
Dominik