Getting an arbitrary style property

Hi,

is there any way to get an arbitrary style property from a known widget?

For instance, I would like to get 'GtkCheckButton::indicator-size' value
without requiring a GtkCheckButton properly nested in a window (it would
be fine for me using an already nested widget, not necessarily a
GtkCheckButton)

I'm asking this because I'm writing a customized cellrenderer, based on
cellrenderedtoggle, and when painting the check, with
gtk_style_paint_check, I would like it to be as large as
'GtkCheckButton::indicator-size'. It seems that creating a temporary
GtkCheckButton is not enough because it is given a default style.

Does anybody have any idea on how to do that?

(In the worst of the cases I have a real GtkCheckButton and I could use
it but asking for a style property, if possible, seems neater to me)

Thanks!

--
Roger Ferrer Ibáñez