Re: Objects creation from within multiple threads

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 05:21:26PM +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> I've got sereval threads from which I'm trying to create objects
> (using g_object_new()) at the "same time", and I get strange errors
> (most of the time it works correctly though).
>
> A quick gdb session seems to show that when a problem occurs, all the
> threads creating objects are in g_type_class_ref() in gtype.c which is
> called from g_object_new().
>
> For example error messages are:
> ...invalidly modified type `XXX'
> g_object_new_valist: object class `XXX' has no property named `YYY'
>
> I cant' find any information about if GLib does not support creating
> objects from different threads ate the same time. Can anyone help me?

Since no one else replied... at least this: It should work.
If it does not work and you think there's no error on your
side, report it to bugzilla -- with some minimal example to
reproduce it.  I don't understand these parts of code
enough to tell whether the locking is correct (namely the
temporary unlocking to reference the parent).

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/