Re: Dialogs always on top in Windows?

Ari Jolma writes:
 > Indeed. I checked, and there really are no modal windows in the GIMP for
 > Windows for example.

GIMP is an especially tricky case where we probably never can get
proper behaviour on Windows without some drastic surgery to its inner
plumbing because it needs to use cross-process transient-for.

(A window opened by a GIMP plug-in, which is a separate process, can
be set as transient for a window opened by the main GIMP process. And
in some cases, that plug-in window might then request the main GIMP
process to open a window which should be transient for the plug-in's
window... I.e. both cross-process and chained transient-for
relationships.)

For transient-for to work between windows opened by the same process,
there is hope that the problems on Windows will eventually be fixed.

--tml