Re: Windows Build Question

Paul Matthew Bombach writes:
 > I'm trying to build gtk under windows using MinGW.

and MSYS, it seems like. (Good.)

 > >          glib-mkenums --fprod "/* enumerations from \"@filename \" */\n"

 > Produces the following output:
 >
 > >  /* Generated data (by glib-mkenums) */
 > >
 > >  C:/msys/1.0/* enumerations from "gdkrgb.h" *//n

 > As you can see, the output is garbled with the addition of the root
 > path.

I think the problem is caused by using a non-MSYS Perl (like
ActiveState's Perl perhaps?). MSYS thinks that the argument to the
--fprod switch is a "Unix" pathname and thus turns it into a full
Windows pathname by prepending a C: when invoking a non-MSYS
program. MSYS isn't clever/brave enough to "guess" that a string like

	/* enumerations from "gdkrgb.h" */

that theoreticaly could be an absolute Unix pathname (glob pattern
eben maybe) actually isn't, but just a string that should be passed on
as such to the program.

So the solution is to make sure glib-mkenums is run by the MSYS
Perl. The glib-mkenums script I distribute in my glib developer
packages for Windows starts with #!/bin/perl , . What does the
glib-mkenums you use start with?

--tml