Re: calendar with Gtk+ 2.0

vicente garcia wrote:
Hi, I'm programming a GTK program with freepascal and MySQL. The application
must administer a Medical center and I need a calendar to show when the
patients must go to the doctor. I'm working with the widget GtkCalendar,
it's cool but I need something like this:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/434960008_65ab81bc16_o.jpg

I need something that show me the weeks and the hours of the day that is
occupated the medical center. I think I can't do this with GtkCalendar.

Can somebody help me, please?

You'll have to write your own widget [1]. That said, check out the source code for Evolution and Dates [2], which both implement something like this. You might be able to steal their code :)

(The Dates code is likely to be simpler and less full of CORBA than Evolution.)

--
Andrew

[1] http://gnomejournal.org/article/34/writing-a-widget-using-cairo-and-gtk28 and http://gnomejournal.org/article/36/writing-a-widget-using-cairo-and-gtk28-part-2 are good starting points.
[2] http://pimlico-project.org/dates.html