Re: GTK - I always get a corrupted file!

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 20:44 +0000, Jamiil Abduqadir wrote:
> I have repeatedly down loaded gtk+-2.10.9.tar.bz2 from
> ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.10/, but I always get a
> currupted file, what is going on? I didn't have any problems with the
> other files!
> Is is an isolated problem?
> if not, where else can I down the file?
It's a problem on your end.  The file is not corrupt on the server.  I
can download and uncompress it fine.

Once the file is downloaded, what does the linux "file" command say
about it?  Sometimes browsers will automatically unzip the file on
download, without telling you, leaving you with an uncompressed
tarball.

When you download the file, tar -xjf gtk+-2.10.9.tar.bz2 gives you an
error?  What about the other dependencies, like glib?