Re: gtkrc file......want to change opacity of window

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 15:24 +0530, prajyot wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> Can anybody help me out in Resource files used to change colors,
> style, opacity(transparency) of any
> GTK widget.
>
> I want to set opacity of top window in my application. How can I set
> it using RC file. Gtk uses gtkrc file.

GTK has no concept of opacity because it is still built around X Window
concepts which also do not including opacity.

these days, there are features in X that do permit control of opacity,
but they have not (yet) been implemented as part of GTK (or any other
toolkit AFAIK).

> Please reply immediately.

you may not be familiar with network etiquette, but this closing
statement comes across as rather rude.