How to set theme paths

Hi (and sorry for my bad english).

How can I tell Gtk+ where it should be search for themes?

I'm using Xfce and from Xfce I can only select themes that are installed in /opt/gnome (Gtk+'s installation prefix) and ~/.themes.

But I have installed themes in /usr/share/themes and and /opt/xfce/share/themes, too.

GTK_PATH doesn't solves the problem. And module_path in my ~/.gtkrc-2.0 will be ignored.

I can't find any hint in the documentation. And every thing that Google points to is module_path or GTK_PATH.

What's the magic behind this thing? What I must set/change to have _all_ Gtk+ themes available?

Best regards
Marcus