Re: (severe) performance issues

My results with the following:

   * Intel P4 3.2 GHz
   * Onboard graphics controller (this may well be the
limitation)
   * GTK 2.10.8
   * Test program defaults (50 labels, 100 FPS)

are CPU usage consistently above 50%. I can try to
reproduce this on another machine (much slower CPU,
better - although still quite old - nvidia graphics
card) if that would be useful.

--- jcupitt gmail com wrote:

> Hi Bobby,
>
> On 4/3/07, Bobby Jack <bobbykjack yahoo co uk>
> wrote:
> > Can you include some details as to how you
> gathered
> > these metrics? I'm seeing very different results
> from
> > your test program, although I'm just eyeballing
> top so
> > I'd like to use whatever method you did.
>
> That's all I did as well. If I compile and run the
> test program, it
> (almost) never appears on top. If I change it to 100
> labels at 100 Hz,
> I see just over 1% CPU (from memory).
>
> Do you see something very different? What X server /
> graphics card /
> CPU / gtk do you have? My card is a very modest
> nvidia (less than 100
> ukp), though I do have a fast CPU.
>
> John

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate