Re: Problem with GUI not (always) updating...

Tristan Van Berkom schrieb:
My guess is that your application is starving the whole computer, a
mouse over is usually smart enough to not show any effects if the event
arrives late, but a button click is a more serious event and will
eventually get treated, even if its a second late.

I'm running the program on a dual core box and the problem persists when I stick to a single worker thread. Also all the other graphical components of my desktop (IDE, GNOME itself) are quite responsive.

Probably by sleeping a little bit in your worker thread or finding
a way to be more cooperative everything will work more as expected.

I guess the latter will be the way to go, together with making the access to the GUI thread save 'by the book'.

Thanks for your input.

Matthias Scheer