Re: (severe) performance issues

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 08:56 -0700, David J. Andruczyk wrote:
> I did further testing . Packing the label with EXPAND
> flags has ZERO change, as does restricting its size
> with a set_usize.  It still causes high cpu usage.
>
> I've expended enough effort on this thorn in my side,
> and have relegated to using GTK entries instead. (they
> look crappy (the box/border makes things too "busy"
> compared to the clean label), as I didn't want to have
> to go thru the trouble of drawing a  layout and having
> to worry about configure/expose events with manual
> drawing.

Did you ever try the suggestion of putting the label in a GtkFixed
container?  Seems like that would be the best workaround for you.
GtkFixed will only experience the configure event (and subsequent
cascade of adjustments) when it is first displayed.  After that you can
update the label to your heart's content without setting of a cascade of
configure events.