Re: changing sensitivity of a button

You might try "g_signal_handlers_block/unblock_by_func" to block
any further signal emission for that button until your conditions
are met and then unblock it..

g_signal_handlers_block_by_func(G_OBJECT(YOUR_BUTTON),G_CALLBACK(your_clicked_function),data);

This is an adaptation of a FAQ entry http://gtk.org/faq/#AEN843