Re: Big pink bar getting in the way at GTK API Reference

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 11:17:41AM -0300, Diogo Ramos wrote:
> I am a heavy user of the GTK API Reference at http://www.gtk.org. I am
> there all the time but I can use only the 2.6.2 version of it. The
> up-to-date version has a big pink bar that follows me every time I
> scroll the window of my navigator down. This wouldn't be a problem but
> when I scroll the window of my navigator UP, all my screen is taken by
> that pink bar.

This is very likely a browser problem.  The only relevant
style information for that bar is:

table.navigation#top
{
  background: #ffeeee;
  border: solid 1px #ffaaaa;
  margin-top: 0;
  margin-bottom: 0;
  position: fixed;
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
  height: 2em;
  z-index: 1;
}

And it looks good.

> I can't see anything. One workaround is to press ctrl+a,
> so my navigator selects everything and the pinks bar go away (at least
> the parts that has letters under it).
> I've tried changing navigators: Firefox 2, Firefox 1.5, Epiphany 2.16.1
> and even computers but the problem persist. I've tried to use the local
> version (.tar.gz), but the problem is there too.

Now this is strange.  Epiphany uses the rendering engine of
one of the others, but Firefox 1.5 and 2 should be different
enough -- unless some kind of `we know what is good for you
and therefore silently use the newer version' gimmick
prevents you from actually seeing the result of rendering
with two different engines.

I suppose the problem disappears when you use a different
(a) distribution (i.e. patches and tweaks)
(b) rendering engine (KHTML, Opera, ...)
but that's hardly a solution.

You can make local documentation usable by removing the

  position: fixed;
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
  height: 2em;
  z-index: 1;

part from styles.  This will make the pink thing scroll with
the rest of the content.

> Sorry to bother you about this problem but looking at the malling list
> list I thought this was the correct one to use. The gtk-devel would be a
> choice too.

gtk-devel or gtk-doc would be definitely better if it was
a problem with the styles and they required a fix.  However,
it does not seem so.

> Someone is having this same problem?

Definitely not me (many browsers, including several
Firefoxes).  Cannot some borken extension cause this?

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/