Re: possible bug in 'configure' of gtk+-2.8.20

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 07:15:39AM -0700, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> --- Valdis Kletnieks vt edu wrote:

> > -------------------------------------------^^ ^^^^^^ (See that?)
> > > Not the case - MEPIS is not an RPM-based distro in the first place.
> >
> > If you actually read what I wrote, you'd see I was replying to a comment
> > regarding a Fedora system, which most certainly *is* RPM based.
> >
> > And don't gloat that it's an RPM-specific problem - I'd be *most* surprised if
> > MEPIS doesn't have some similar "nuke it while ignoring dependencies" software
> > manager command....
> >

> I meant I didn't nuke any dependencies - that's what my "Not the case" meant.

Well, many of the libs involved have optional features and
allow silly configurations, but for example the dependency
chain (of *devel* stuff) gtk2 -> pango -> Xft -> Xrender
can be typically expected.  And a packaging system can be
expected to express that.  (This of course doesn't mean Gtk+
itself should neglect the check for Xrender.h.)

Yeti

--
Whatever.