xlibs [environment variables]

    Sergei,

I'm not quite sure about what you meant in your last message but I've erased
my /usr/local directory. X is what's giving me trouble now. Maybe if I put
it in it's proper place which I'm not quite sure where that is now but it
was /usr/X11R6 and /etc/X11. I think. At least in my somewhat aged distro. I
can't override pkg-config. It is this limited knowledge of mine that keeps
me from using your tool which is obviously more advanced than pkg-config.

    Maybe if I install the Xlibraries and then pkg-config, gettext and so
on. I know I have chosen the hard way but it is much more difficult than I
thought.

Bill