environment variables

    Sergei,

I'm sorry Sergei I read your txt file and looked at bash tutorials and tried
different things like bypassing pkg-config. I just don't know how to use
these variables with configure. Everything I do doesn't work out. I know how
to use them with make for example.

make CFLAGS='-g -O2' that has worked for me with packages before but not
with configure.

Also I don't parallel build in a build directory. I just run the compiler
and assembler linker and all in the source directory. I've never seen a
reason to use a separate build directory except with newer versions of glibc
when it's necessary.

Bill