Re: FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden error (was RE: cross compiling gtk cairo clock example)

--- David L <idht4n hotmail com> wrote:

> >I've written a script that downloads and intalls the current mingw
> >cross compiler and downloads and builds a simple gtk/cairo example
> >from http://gnomejournal.org/article/34 and I thought it would be useful
> >to readers of this list.  It seems to work on my fedora core 5 box and
> >generate a clock.exe file that I can run under wine (I don't have a
> >Windows system).
>
> I had somebody test the cross compiled clock.exe on an XP computer
> and it didn't work... he got this error:
> The Procedure entry point FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden could
> not be located in the dynamic link library freetype6.dll.
>
> Does anybody know how to modify my procedure or his XP
> computer - ofher than installing Linux on it ;) - to fix this error?
>
> Thanks...
>               David
>
> PS - He has installed gtk2 runtime from:
> http://members.lycos.co.uk/alexv6/pub/gtk/gtk2-runtime-2.8.19-2006-06-27-ash.exe
>
> That's the same place I got the run time libraries for my wine
> installation ... it's seems odd that it works in wine but not
> Windows!

You can build QEMU (qemu.org) and then install Win2k and/or WinXP
on your machine, so you'll be able to debug the stuff youself.

You main OS will still be the one uou have - Linux I guess.

--Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/