FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden error (was RE: cross compiling gtk cairo clock example)

I've written a script that downloads and intalls the current mingw
cross compiler and downloads and builds a simple gtk/cairo example
from http://gnomejournal.org/article/34 and I thought it would be useful
to readers of this list.  It seems to work on my fedora core 5 box and
generate a clock.exe file that I can run under wine (I don't have a
Windows system).

I had somebody test the cross compiled clock.exe on an XP computer
and it didn't work... he got this error:
The Procedure entry point FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden could
not be located in the dynamic link library freetype6.dll.

Does anybody know how to modify my procedure or his XP
computer - ofher than installing Linux on it ;) - to fix this error?

Thanks...
             David

PS - He has installed gtk2 runtime from:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/alexv6/pub/gtk/gtk2-runtime-2.8.19-2006-06-27-ash.exe

That's the same place I got the run time libraries for my wine
installation ... it's seems odd that it works in wine but not
Windows!

Check the weather nationwide with MSN Search: Try it now! http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=weather&FORM=WLMTAG