Re: Memory Usage

   Hello Andre.
I runned it up to 8100 iterations and the program virtual memory remained the same so the program itself isn't leaking on i386 under Debian Testing with GTK+ 2.8.20. Though, the entire system increased its memory usage by 1Mib, I didn't spot exactly what process was increasing its memory usage but it wasn't yours. On MIPS you see that your program process increases its memory consumption or is the X server or another process?
   How much iterations are you testing?
Well, while I am not an expert on GTK your code seems good to me and your program process didn't leak memory at all after 8100 iterations, at least looking in /proc/thePid/status while it was running on my system.
   Hope this helps.
   Maybe you can try to use Valgrind on MIPS, don't know if it works there.
   Goodbye.