Color sharable question regarding gdk_colormap_alloc_color()

In api it says if gboolean writable argument is set to TRUE for gdk_colormap_alloc_color() function then that color cannot be shared between applications. I created an application main.c and allocate color with above mentioned function with the writable argument set to TRUE. After compilation and linking when i run the same program in two separate terminals I can draw a pie chart with the same color on both application. How is it possible? Shouldn't it complain(as colors should not be sharable)? Can anyone kindly shed light on this?

Thanks.

--DC

Say hello to the next generation of Search. Live Search ? try it now. http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca