Re: ATK problem

--- rwineland <rickferd comcast net> wrote:

> Hello all I am a new at this I start installing GTK. I installed
> glib-2.12.4, pango-1.14.0 with no problems but when i went to install
> ATK-1.9.0 I get the following error:
>
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0...
> *** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.12.0, but GLIB
> (2.12.4)
> *** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best
> *** to remove the old version of GLib. You may also be able to fix the
> error
> *** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
> *** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
> *** required on your system.
> *** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment variable
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> *** to point to the correct configuration files
> no
> configure: error:
> *** GLIB 2.0.0 or better is required. The latest version of
> *** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.
>
> if you need the config.log let me know.
> Thank You for your help and please remember use small words I am new
> Thanks
> Rich Wineland

Do you have a version of glib installed at system level ?
It looks like there is a conflcit between the one you installed
and the one at system level.

Anyway, have a look at my tool (see signature) - it builds gtk+ out
of the box - among other targets.

The build happens locally, no root privileges are required, so the
tool can't compromise your system's integrity.

--Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/

(http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited)