Re: beginer

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 05:07:58PM +0200, Carlos Agon wrote:
> I am new in this list, I work with Sbcl and i use the clg bindings of
> Espen Johnsen for GTK
>
> I have a little question :
>
> I want to make a pixbuf by recording some commands like
>
> gtk_draw_box
> gtk_draw_hline ,etc. etc.
>

> I have tried by creating a window then drawing these commands in it
> and then using the  gtk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable
>
> but my problem is that I dont want to show this window and in this
> case it doesnot work.
>
> Is it possible to make my pixbuf from i hidden window, or there is
> another way to do this ?

You can draw to off-screen pixmaps, but many operations need
a colormap which you can get generally only for the same bit
depth as the screen has (which may differ from the constant
pixbuf's 24bpp).  I asked some time ago whether there is
a way around it, and while it is, it it ugly.

So just forget all that and use Cairo (with memory buffer
surface) to draw instead.  If you have Gtk+ 2.8 you
automatically get Cairo too.

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.