Re: Need help : Installing gtk+ on Windows 2000

Hemendra Jain writes:
 > I am trying to install GTK+ on Windows 2000.

You want to be able to run GTK+ applications, or develop of GTK+-using
software? In what programming language? C? C++? C#?  Python?  Ada?

 > What I have downloaded:
 > 1.atk-1.10.1
 > 2.cairo-0.9.2
 > 3.glib-2.10.1
 > 4.gtk+-2.8.0
 > 5.pango-1.10.1

Exactly what did you download and from where? The source code? The
Win32 zipfiles from ftp.gtk.org? If the latter, did you download also
the developer packages? (*-dev-*.zip)

Please note that many of the versions above are veryrather outdated. The
current stable versions are:

glib 2.10.1
atk 1.10.3
cairo 1.0.4
pango 1.10.3
gtk+ 2.8.17

 > No guide how to install GTK+ on Win 2000.  Do I need some
 > DEPENDENCIES /RUNTIME components ?

See my first questions. Yes, you will also need libiconv, gettext,
libpng, and zlib.

 > An installation guide of how to install GTK+ on Windows.

If you want to develop GTK+-using software on Windows, and feel you
have the requires skills otherwise (already know how to write
non-GTK+-using software), you shouldn't have to ask this question. You
should be able to figure out what to do with the stuff that's inside
the developer zipfiles (headers, import libraries mostly). If you
can't figure out that, what you need is a guide how to develop C (or
C++, or C#, etc) code in general using the tools of your choice, not a
guide how to install GTK+.

 > Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail and ...

Please don't put crap like this in mail to a publicly archived mailing
list. It makes little if any sense, and certainly doesn't give a
"professional" impression (at least not in Open Source circles), if
that is what your company actually is trying to achieve by
automatically (?) attaching this. Many people who might give you
useful answers might only get pissed off by silly legalese like this.

--tml