Re: Can I listen on a socket in a GTK application?

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 15:22 -0800, yinglcs2 yahoo com wrote:
> Thanks. But there is something I still don't quite
> understand.
>
> a GTK application has a main loop listen for any GTK
> signals (for example to handle the close window
> event), right?
> But now if I make it to listen to an socket, how can
> it listen but the socket and the GTK signals?

if you have to ask this question then you don't need to know the answer.

and if you do need to know the answer, then you'd better have some time
on your hands. either use the GUI toolkit, or understand how its
implemented. don't start out trying to use it by understanding how its
implemented.

--p