Re: Usability of the GTK+ 2 file open dialog

Hello!

No, that's not right. Every 'normal' windows user will complain if an
application don't use the system fileselector today. Sorry, but
using the native file selector is the expected behaviour.

Sorry, but this is BS.  Stop pretending all MS Windows apps
use the very same file open dialog, that is just not true.

Quite a few native MS Windows apps do not use the stock file
open dialog, or maybe it is the stock dialog, but extended
[...]

Ok, I correct me: I mean a fileselector that looks and behave like the system fileselector is the expected behaviour on WIN32 ... (for me this is just a technical detail if it's the system dialog or a self made that look and behave similiar).

The user don't see this and even don't know what a system fileselector is (or a self made and the differences between). The user just want to use the app and he expect that the applications behave equally for basic operations like selecting a file (you can ask a Mac user what he expect from applications under MacOS-X; I'm sure he don't answer he want to get a fileselector that look and behave like the WIN32 one).

Regards,
Frank