Re: gtk cross compile

On 08/03/06 08:11:06, rakesh p wrote:
hi all,

am trying to cross compile  gtk+ in my powerpc-405-linux-gnu

is it required to cross compile pkgconfig for that?because from
mailing list i got one information that we need to check whether it is really required for our plat form.if so ,how can i check its needed?.

There are two ways that you could compile pkgconfig which are both sometimes known as cross-compiling.

1. Host is native, target is powerpc-405-linux-gnu

This is what you should technically use to allow you to cross-compile gtk+ for powerpc-405-linux-gnu. A quick check of pkgconfig's configure.in will quickly tell however, that the only target platform for which this makes a difference is mingw32, so you can just use a native build for powerpc-405-linux-gnu.

2. Host and target are both powerpc-405-linux-gnu

This is what you would need if you wanted to be able to build libraries and applications on the powerpc-405-linux-gnu platform itself (rather than just targetting it).

More information on this distinction here:

http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_259.html

Cheers,

Ali.