gtk cross compile

hi all,

am trying to cross compile  gtk+ in my powerpc-405-linux-gnu

is it required to cross compile pkgconfig for that?because from mailing list i got one information that we need to check whether it is really required for our plat form.if so ,how can i check its needed?.

please reply me with the solution because i had succesfully cross compiled glib with out the use of pkgconfig.

regards

RAKESH