Win32 viewers/pagers/editors WAS: glib\guitls.h, atexit and the windows DDK

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 11:17:37AM -0800, Rick Jones wrote:
> i'm in the midst of getting netperf4:
>
> http://www.netperf.org/svn/netperf4/trunk/
>
> ported to Windows.  As a first step I have it optionally using
> Glib/Gthread under Linux.
>
> Notepad is useless for looking at the include file (pointers on that
> score most welcome)

I have a couple of suggestions, not sure either would fit your needs,
but:

If you plan on doing very much development of this type, it might be
worthwhile to install MinGW and MSYS.  with that, you have `less' as
well as the development environment.  I'm not sure if there are any
pagers like `less' available on gnuwin32.sf.net or not.

Another option, although possibly overkill if you are merely interested
in viewing UNIX-formatted files, but I found that `gvim' was quite easy
to build and install on Windows (Windows 98, at that).  With that, you
would also have a more reliable editor to edit any of your source files.