Re: GTK performance on Windows

1.) Is this really nescessary?
This guy has performance problems on windows asking for help (well,
maybe a bit indirect) ... and this is what he gets.
Go to QT's bugzilla and search for performance bugs ....

2.) How could he profile it.
I asked two times for ways to find out which operations are done in
software fallbacks (on X) on this list, no reply. For a
non-profgessional profiling GTK and all the stuff it is surrounded by
is not trivial and well without no help ...
It seems there is not even interrest in speeding up GTK2.

lg

 > Why is GTK's performance so bad on Windows ?

Because you haven't profiled it and contributed performance
improvements?

 > Of all the gui tookits I use, it has the worse performance.

Well, d'oh, you should ask for your money back then!