Re: Two buttons, two images and switching between them

On Thursday 22 June 2006 12:55, hm wrote:
> Hi !
>
>    I`ve got a problem : I have window, with two buttons inside. I`ve got
> two GtkImage`s, and on a beginning of the program, i`m ( setting
> gtk_button_set_image () ) these images to be button`s "icons". I want to
> make a signal function, that handles clicking on both of these buttons. On
> click it should switch images between the buttons. For example i`ve got
> icon1, icon2, button1 and button2. button1 -> icon1
> button2 -> icon2 ( icon2 is set to be an icon for button2 )
>
> now.. i`ve got a signal, that button1 is pressed. So i want now, to have
> situation :
>
> button1 -> icon2
> button2 -> icon1
>
>  When I try again to do gtk_button_set_image ( button1, icon2 ) and
> gtk_button_set_image ( button2, icon1 ) it doesn`t work propertly ( button1
> has icon2 , but button2 has no icon ). I suppose it is so because of
> button1 is now "parrent" ( or owner ) of both icons ???? I`m not quiet
> sure. I would be appreciate for any clue how to do this. Maybe there is any
> method to release icon from being button`s child ? Uhh.. it is little
> twisted :)

When you substitute an image in button1 the reference count to icon1 would
have been decremented, and if you have not taken steps to stop button1 taking
ownership of it it will have been destroyed.  That may be your problem
(although in that case it is surprising that it worked the first time).

Chris