Re: xevent ?

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 14:33 +0000, Jens Madsen wrote:
> Hi, I am converting some old x-windows software to GTK.
> It contains a handler for receiving xevents from other applications.
>
> What sort of GTK api should I use for receiving/sending the x-events ?

basically, you can't. GTK is a cross platform toolkit, so it doesn't
have an API that exposes backend details like XEvent.

if you root around in the sources of gdk, especially the gdk-x11
directory, you will find some stuff that could be useful. but its not
GTK and not even really GDK, since these APIs are designed to work on a
variety of backends, including several that are not X Window related.

--p