Re: Gtk events ???

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 12:59 +0200, Papel wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  From a few days ago, i have a lot of problems with gtk events (MainLoop).
> I have created a GTK frame into a main widget and a box into this frame.
> I have reparent this widget (window) to a XWindow.
> I would like to send events (XEvents) to this widget. How I can do to
> send this XEvents to GtkEvents to the widget ???
>
> I have tried : gtk_widget_event / gtk_main_iteration_do /
> gtk_main_do_event / etc...

you're not thinking clearly. GTK is a multiplatform GUI toolkit. its
backend is not just X Window, but includes the DirectFB (framebuffer)
system on Linux, the GDI API (and others on win32) and recently
Quartz/Aqua on OS X.

sending GTK events doesn't mean sending events that are translated all
the way down to the backend's notion of an "event". if you send a GTK
"Button Press" event to a widget, GTK will do that entirely within its
own event system, without any reference to the backend you are using.

back to basics: why have you reparented the window inside a non-GTK
XWindow?

--p