Re: Multiple text colors in a GtkEntry

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:56:20 +0200, Atanas Atanasov said:
> If it is a question of two colours only why not use the selected text.

I don't know that it's 2 colors only.  It's possible (for example) to
imagine an autocompleter that has colors for "already typed and accepted",
"only possible autocompletion to *this* point" and "projected most likely
after that point"...

So if I have a bunch of files in a directory, and the only 2 that start
with 'f' are 'foobar.c' and 'foobaz.o', if I type 'fo', we may display 'oba'
in one color as it's the only option, and perhaps add 'r.c' in another color
based on some other factor (for instance, it's a source code editor, so a .c
is far more likely than a .o as a desired completion).

I of course have *no* idea what the OP was actually trying to do - merely
giving examples where "one entry widget" makes sense with multiple colors/etc.