Re: Cannot make pango-1.10.2

> on Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:23:58 +-0200 (EET), Sakari Aaltonen wrote:
>
> > But how does one make pkg-config find libpng? There is a libpng in
> > /usr/lib, which should be a pretty reasonable place for pkg-config
> > to search, would it not?
>
> You need to have the libpng development package installed - check that you
> have libpng.pc in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/.

Ermmm... There is a valgrind.pc. No libpng.pc. (Is there no end to the
packages that one needs nowadays?)

> > And no, I'm not at all clear on what Cairo does. I just want to
> > compile a program called aMule. But that program seems to rely on
> > tons and tons of stuff that is not installed on the systems at hand.
> > It all starts with something called wxWindows.
>
> If you just want aMule, the easiest would be to simply install wxWidgets
> development libraries, that should pull in all dependant libraries, too.
> What distribution do you use?

I gave up on my home machine (running Slackware) and tried to build
aMule on a colleague's Linux box at work (Suse 9.2). I may have to
give up on that machine, too. My fruitless attempts with pango resulted
in my colleague's Firefox stopping working, and he's rather angry with
me now.

Sakari Aaltonen