Re: Cannot make pango-1.10.2

on Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:23:58 +-0200 (EET), Sakari Aaltonen wrote:

> But how does one make pkg-config find libpng? There is a libpng in
> /usr/lib, which should be a pretty reasonable place for pkg-config
> to search, would it not?

You need to have the libpng development package installed - check that you
have libpng.pc in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/.

> And no, I'm not at all clear on what Cairo does. I just want to
> compile a program called aMule. But that program seems to rely on
> tons and tons of stuff that is not installed on the systems at hand.
> It all starts with something called wxWindows.

If you just want aMule, the easiest would be to simply install wxWidgets
development libraries, that should pull in all dependant libraries, too.
What distribution do you use?

--
< Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- >< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >
< Contact address: >< jernej simoncic at isg si >