Re: unworkable selection model for treeview

On Saturday 28 January 2006 15:49, Paul Davis wrote:
> AFAICT, the treeview widget will change its selection at button press,
> with no delay to allow for a drag operation.
>
> i cannot see how to combine this model with the desire to select
> multiple items (in one or several steps), then click on one of the
> selected items to drag the entire set of selected items. at present,
> this operation will collapse the selection down to the clicked-upon item
> before the drag begins.
>
> there is GTK software which works around this, but they appear to do it
> by completely dropping the selection model of the treeview.

If you drag after you have made the last selection (without clicking again)
then it will work.  If you click again, that will be treated as another
selection operation.  It differs from the KDE/Qt (and I think Windows)
equivalent which allows a further click after a multiple selection before it
treats the click as a reselection operation - I think this is different
rather than unworkable.

You could probably do what you want by intercepting the button-press-event and
button-release-event signals.

Chris