Re: compiling GTK app in WIndows

regatta wrote:

What I have is GTK+ version 2 (so
http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/. is not an option since it's for
version 1) and I'm using C not C++ (so also gtkmm is not an option)

Sorry, if I've misunderstood something but gtk+-win32 installers from

http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/ install only gtk+ environment and glade for win32 (a very useful thing, IMHO). All this stuff is usable for
C only, not for C++.

plus I don't have M$ Studio (so I need a free compiler that compile C
in Windows).

And so do I - Dev-C++ is a nice IDE-like tool for C/C++ development. When you
create a new project you choose, which language (C or C++) you will use.
Dev-C++ comes with win32 gcc port (named Mingw32) version 3.4.3. May be
there is a way to use a more recent gcc version, I don't know.
What about MS Visual C++: they say that a MS VC Express 7 is a free tool, you can download it (if some hundreds of downloading is not a problem for you) and
use for free.
   Good luck,
      Igor Gorbounov