RE: glib / String handling difficult[Scanned]

Well, GTK+ depends on it.  So if you use GTK+ then you must link to
As far as I'm concerned glib is for GTK+, but I suppose it could be used
for other things.
> >the regex library in the glibc.
> I don't remember now why it failed for me, but I tried.

If you tell me whats wrong then I could probably help.
There are many useful libraries for text matching, eg. :-

Regex in glibc
Henry Spencers regex
PCRE regex

There is also flex.