RE: glib / String handling difficult[Scanned]

Why is this needed in a graphical toolkit library?
Surely it's more appropriate to do it outside of GTK+.

For what it's worth I think that the problem described here is quite
simple.  You could do it with regular expressions easily.

This means that on platforms that use Glibc such as Linux you can use
the regex library in the glibc.  On other platforms you could use any
other of the many regex libraries that are out there.

You could also use flex or lex, both of which would work fine.

Rob