Re: (no subject)

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 01:49 +0100, dbasald libero it wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have to show an autodestroying popup message while a computation is running.
> I tried with gtk_window and gtk_dialog but they don't show the
> label message. (Dialog shows the label after gtk_dialog_run but this locks my procedure...)
> I'm using gtk2.8.
>
> Do you have some ideas how to write such popup in a few rows?

Most likely, the reason being that gtk_dialog_run blocks until the
dialog gets a response (the documentation points this out):

"Blocks in a recursive main loop until the dialog either emits the
response signal, or is destroyed."

If you want a dialog that does not block, you can use something like:

	g_signal_connect_swapped
		(dialog, "response",
		 G_CALLBACK (gtk_widget_destroy), NULL);

If you are STILL having problems because your procedure has tight loops
and/or the gtk main loop is not getting a chance to iterate pending
events, you might want to look into using:

        while (gtk_events_pending ())
		gtk_main_iteration ();

In your procedure.

--