Re: Howto handle Invalid UTF-8 string?

kyanh o2 pl escreveu:
Hi all,
>From my program (winefish), some child processes are called and
theirs output will be captured. The IO_channel was used for this
purpose.
The problem is that some children may procedure invalid UTF8 strings
(for example, when LANG=fr_FR and `cat' returns 1 (file not found)).
This causes empty output in gtk_tree_view!!  ( I tried to use NULL
encoding (for IO_channel) but failed )

Question: how to handle invalid UTF8 string?
Hi,

You can throw g_locale_conv* and by iconv command line.

--

[]'s

Claudio Polegato Junior

Um peregrino de Problemas; Um pergaminho de Solu�s.