Re: Win32 themes

> On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 16:27:20 -0500, Etienne Fortin wrote:
>
> Besides, I don't see the reason behind theming the app, and not theming the little thing that is the title bar. It is integrally part of the app, and the two should look the same or else you just feel there's two things going on, and the two things don't talk at all.

The reason is that which windows are decorated, how they are
decorated, and what their sizing/moving behaviour is, is
something I set in window manager/desktop configuration.
Few things are more annoying than applications trying to
enforce their style of window management on me.

What is the point of confusing users by making your app
deviate from look and feel of other applications their
desktops?  You should strive for integration instead.  When
there is no explicit integration, this means playing by the
rules and not changing things you don't know user
preferences of.

Yeti

--
That's enough.