Re: Win32 themes

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 16:27:20 -0500, Etienne Fortin wrote:

> But that's exactly what other are saying Gnome is doing, take into account the theme used by GTK to make it look better.

The same thing is happening on Windows, only going in the other direction -
set up the ms-windows-engine (wimp) as your theme, and GTK+- programs will
look fairly close to native Win32 programs.

> Besides, I don't see the reason behind theming the app, and not theming the little thing that is the title bar. It is integrally part of the app, and the two should look the same or else you just feel there's two things going on, and the two things don't talk at all.

You can always write the code to support this, but remember that you'll
have to write a window manager to make it work - you'd have to take care of
moving, resizing and minimizing/restoring/maximizing windows yourself.

--
< Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- >< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >
< Contact address: >< jernej simoncic at isg si >